Thursday, July 15, 2010

Robb Wolf

I did not start listening when Robb started his podcast last year, but I've downloaded every episode to my iTouch and most commuting time is spent processing all the info he offers (FOR FREE!) in those podcasts.  Now that his book is available on Amazon, I look forward to devouring a copy on my Kindle.  I have found his mix of big brain biochem being related to the tales he tells well of his trials and errors applying what he knows to clients has expanded what I know significantly. 

What interests me most is being able to hold a full contstruct of 'some thing' in my head, and relate it to others in a coherent fashion.  In other words, knowing this fact or that fact is nice, but it's twice as nice if I can associate that fact to other facts in a conceptually congruent way.  Robb has also pursued that end, at least, it seems that way to me.  I'll be very interested to see how he's pulled together and organized what he knows via this book.  I think it will be a potent tool for those seeking a deeper knowledge of how to eat for health and performance.

Just as significantly, Robb does a nice job in helping to cut through all the crap that's out there.  It's as much about learning what to eat as it is about learning how to see through the marketing and hype in the food industry so you don't waste your money and time on unneeded foods and supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment