Monday, July 29, 2013

Wheat Belly - It Can Be Literal

Pretty incredible "Granny Smith" story about wheat elimination after reading "Wheat Belly":

I asked her to read the book and several of the ladies in her apartment building were reading it so we decided to try the 4-week challenge together to support each other. We listened to Dr. Davis on CBC's Maritime Noon a few weeks ago and we were further convinced.

The changes in my Mom's health are unbelievable. After 25 years of her body being wracked with uncontrollable diarrhea, she has not had an episode in 13 days. This has not happened in 25 years. Her stool is firm and she is able to control her bowel urges. Her stomach is completely flat. All her pants are loose and comfortable at the waist. It is nothing short of a miracle.

She was tested for celiac years ago and tested negative. She tried eliminating sugar and dairy with no success. She has suffered so much and the cure is seemingly so easy. She couldn't continue working as a bank teller because she had to run to the bathroom constantly and without warning. She has been on a disability pension due to her medical issues. I am feeling angry at the medical community and society in general that no one ever suggested to my Mom to eliminate wheat.I am having a hard time believing that these miraculous changes will be sustainable. I don't crave wheat. I am not tempted to eat it for some odd reason, even though two weeks ago I fantasized constantly about multigrain bread, crackers and nachos. I can't imagine it being this easy to lose weight. If I continue at the rate I am going I will have lost 10% of my body weight and reached my goal weight in 4 short weeks.

http://www.lowcarbdietnews.com/success-story-eliminating-wheat-and-the-dramatic-impact-on-one-mothers-crohns-disease/

No comments:

Post a Comment