Monday, November 14, 2011

Coach's fitness

This is a portion of an email I received from Mike Boyle.  Boyle is no friend of CrossFit, but he's a knowledgeable coach all the same.  I like his approach to remaining fit while dealing with a full schedule.  He's both growing a business and taking care of friends, family and clients.  This is an admirably effective approach from a person who's decided fitness and performance must be sacrificed to meet other goals. 
Do brief workouts. Again, if you are busy you don't have time to lift for two hours.

I try to do 4-5 High Intensity Cardiovascular Workouts a week. These are either 12-14 minute threshold rides (usually a five mile AirDyne for time) or a series of distances for
time. My favorites are timed miles or half miles with a heartrate recovery. These workouts take a maximum of 20 minutes. In addition, I've modified Craig Ballantynes Bodyweight 100. Most days I just try to get 100 reps in broken up into push, pull, legs, and core. It currently takes me less than 4 minutes to get a full body lift. I try to lift twice a week
but, probably average one workout every five days.

As I always say, the secret is there is no secret.


http://www.functionalstrengthcoach3.com/
http://www.onlinebodybyboyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment