Monday, April 25, 2011

Coconut Oil - Magic?

Well, not exactly magic, as I don't believe in 'magic bullet' solutions to diet and health problems, but you can get your coconut oil on to reduce appetite, and set you up for a day's worth of high speed high fat metabolism:  About two months ago, as a sort of personal experiment, I began eating two tablespoons of coconut oil for breakfast. Just 250 calories of coconut oil, plus my supplements, seemed to hold me until lunch, which was a surprise. Not only that, I didn't seem to be quite as hungry during the rest of the day. Not only that, I seemed to do much better at weight maintenance than I have for many years.
http://lowcarb4u.blogspot.com/2011/04/magical-mystical-coconut-oil.html

The post goes into why - short version:  medium chain fatty acids have an optimal metabolic impact by requiring little digestion while supporting production of ketones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment