Tuesday, March 4, 2014

CrossFit One World: CAN YOU DO DOUBLE UNDERS?

Excellent summary of some of the finer points of the double under.
http://crossfitoneworld.typepad.com/crossfit_one_world/2012/01/doubleunders.html

I hit PRs this month up to 72 unbroken double unders.  I've been flailing around at under 50 double unders for 3 or 4 years, trying to crack the DU code.  The last obstacle - after getting rid of wrong rope, no technique, and no clear concept of what a DU is - was sorting out how to properly spin the rope without tension in my shoulders (deltoids).  Broke through that barrier this month, and I have no idea how!  Except - I was practicing the fundamentals of DUs with more consistency and discipline.

7 years in - it's either that I'm a slow learner or there's really always something to be learned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment